Man, am i debating this one! And spending lots of time on research. My current conundrum is that the model choice seems to fall on the borderline in all regards.

I went to a local dealer today and hefted both models. The Honda EU1000 is way easier to lift, but I also think I'll be able to lift the EU2000 for the remainder of my camping years. I figure I'm using a little over 17 AH/day max when dry camping so, if I upgrade to a Walmart Maxx 29 125 AH battery, I'm good for 3 days before needing a recharge. I'll rarely be dry camping for over 4 days.

Here's where I could use some advice from an expert. The EU1000 puts out 7.5A. The EU2000 puts out 13.3 amps. But my battery charger puts out only 6A. Does that mean I would be recharging for the same time with either generator? Is there an advantage as regards the generator's life span in using up only 45% of the generator's output with the 2000 versus 80% with the 1000?

Another question regards altitude. I live at 5500 feet, but most of my dry camping is done higher and I don't envision any under 5,000. In addition to recharging my camper's batteries, I am thinking this generator will be handy running lights, TV and a computer when the house power goes out. Honda generators can be set up with 3 alternative carburator jets. Factory is 0-5,000 feet above sea level. Next is 5,000-7,000. Then comes 7,000+. That led me to suspect I'd be best off getting the 5-7,000 jet installed. But the dealer folks I talked to today expressed a "don't worry about it" attitude. Any thoughts about this?

Many thanks for any feedback!

Brad