+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FUNFUNFUN

Default FUNFUNFUN

Wentfishingatlunchdon'tknowwheretostart. Fishflyslurplinezing. Nicebass. Can'tbreath.

Ok, I can breath again. Went to the park/pit to play with the bluegills. They liked the Griffth's Gnat I tied up for them. After a half dozen gills I decided to try for the bass that were cruzing around. Tied on a wooly bugger and a couple of casts later click-click-click goes my reel and a minute later I land a 16in bass, real fun on my H&H 3wt. A few casts later my line moves a little so I lift the rod and it makes a very pretty bend as another bass takes off with my WB, and I mean he takes off with it, that smart old bass untied my fly and took off with it. As I only had 1 WB I was forced to try a few other things including my version of Rick's boa yarn leach, mine used Fun Fur, several fish chased it (probably laughing) but nobody wanted it. I eventually went back to the GG but ended up loosing it deep inside a gill.

Well Swen, now you have got to tie some more flies . I "try" to carry at least three of a good working pattern (working well for the time being )so I don't run out but sometimes I only have two.

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

+ Reply to Thread