Dale, I see this happen some with largemouth but it is really common with school fish like whitebass and stripers. Many times the fish are following the other one because they think he has something to eat, in my opinion. When striper or sandbass fishing with a partner, when one guy hooks up the other guy can cast near the hooked fish and often catch another one following it. I have, on numerous occassions sat on a school of sandbass or stripers that I could see on my fish finder in my boat and pound them with every lure I had in the box and finally get one to take and then the whole school would turn on. What you actually do is create a feeding frenzy. They see one fish get hooked and act erratically and the others go into a feeding mode. When that happens with others in the boat, one guy will keep the first fish in the water until the next guy hooks up before bringing his fish in so they'll stay interested. If you've ever caught 2 fish on a topwater bait or a crankbait, (ie a lure with treble hooks) what sometimes happens is the first fish bites and then the following fish sees the lure hanging from his mouth and tries to take it from him. I've seen this happen with a topwater bait when striper fishing. I've seen 4 or 5 stripers or sandbass follow a hooked fish to the boat before.