Jeff,

You didn't mention how deep you wanted to actually fish.

So, just as an overview.

If I want to fish over ten feet deep, I prefer a full sinking line. The fastest sinking line I can throw. Otherwise, you are spending inordinante amounts of time waiting for the fly to sink down.

For just below the surface down to the 10 foot depth, sink tips or slow to intermediate lines will work. A sink tip with a weighted fly will let you get to 10' without waiting too long, and you can keep the fly there, which is the trick to this.

However, all that being said, there isn't just 'one' sinking line that I'd recommend for your situation. I fish similar waters (clear and deep at least). I want to have several options available, unless I know in advance exactly how I intend to fish (not very often, unfortuantely).

I prefer multiple rods rigged with different lines/flies for presentations at differing depths.

Other options that allow the same versatility would be multiple spools with different lines on them, or one of the multiple tip lines.

As a 'start' though, a full sink will give you the most versatility from 'one' line.

Good Luck!

Buddy

------------------
[url=HTTP://HOMETOWN.AOL.COM/RSAN2708/INDEX.HTML:fc9d9]HTTP://HOMETOWN.AOL.COM/RSAN2708/INDEX.HTML[/url:fc9d9]