My grandson is in training for fly fishing, he is already doing well. Then will be the prettiest blonde haired little girl in the world. OK she is my granddaughter.
But those are captured they will be easy.

I have a lady friend that was one of my nurses when I was sick, her son is one that I am going to be teaching but I sure would love it if she would get in there with us.
I am going to try to trick her into loving this sport, the same way I have tricked a few others. I will have her bring the camera and sit and watch. There is a place on the Tampa Bay in a state park where she can sit at a covered picknic table and watch me teach her son and boyfriend this beautiful art. I teach the whole package, taking care of nature and all that we discuss. hauling out the garbage and picking up after others.

I am not 100 % sure of this but I might just get a little more out of teaching someone this love of mine than I do in fishing. I have caught more fish than I can count. But each time Sue(my wife) catches one it just fills me with pride and warmth. I could not imagine not passing this passion on to someone else.

Good thread Robert, I am surprise there are not more post on it.

Robert I have found that with my wife the work is never done, so I use that to get her on the water. If your wife is an artist, and draws, tell her I would like a sketch of you fly fishing. I have a friend that is an artist and she will be doing one of me as soon as she finishes a few other projects. Tell your wife I have room of one of about 11x14. You might just find that she catches the fever.

Good luck to all that want their wives out there, to me it is one of God's gifts to me that Sue is a fly angler in the making. She is hitting a mail box at 65 feet now. She will be attending the Fish-in in Florida and I am hoping that she catches one of Bill's trout.

Harold

[This message has been edited by Harold Hattaway (edited 07 February 2005).]