Foxtrot, I closed the thread because it is confusing to have 2 threads running on the same subject. If you had even bothered to look in this section before you posted you would have avoided the problem.

And while the title of this thread says, "Tough to say without being political" you seem to feel you can be political and get away with it.

You now claim this is big business, mining and logging who wants these sales...exactly which of those is going to jump up and down to buy a 1/2 acre piece? Or 200 acres, which is the largest of all the parcels? The sale numbers you give by state do not hold up. The total land sale is for 200,000 acres . I did a search on the USDA site you listed and found no such figures. If you care to post the entire url where you found it I would appreciate it.

To politicalize the sale by adding links to Haliburton articles is disingenuous to say the least, it has no bearing on the subject being discussed.

Selling to fund the troops? Not. All of these sales have the funds earmarked for the local schools which have been funded in part by timber sales, did you bother to read the article at all?

[This message has been edited by LadyFisher (edited 11 February 2006).]