+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Town Growth....too much too fast

Come on up Steve,we need electricans for all the new subdivisions.One contractor here is 28 houses behind and still taking orders for more.My wife and I have already decided we'll ride it out here for a few more years then we're moving.In the last year my property values have almost doubled.
    If I hadn't bought when I did there is no way I could afford it now.
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

Ron, remember, we used to live in the valley. Saw things going then.

Dear Board,

A lot of good points in this thread. Trust me, this isn't a Western problem only. The State of PA has lost more farmland on a percentage basis over the last 20 years than just about any State in the Union, while the overall population has grown only slightly.

People keep moving away from their original hometown in search of the good life. Once they get there, they discover life isn't so good without a mall, and a couple of car dealers, and a Starbucks, so the madness continues.

There is good news on the horizon though. As interest rates keep creeping up it won't be long until those folks with 2 children and 4500 sq. ft. houses and 40 and 50 year mortgages get their foreclosure notices.

Only then we will enjoy a brief period of "normalcy" until the cycle repeats itself anew.

I am being a bit sarcastic. I really don't want to see people lose their homes, but the economic reality of it is that there really are a lot of people out there who are seriously over extended on their homes and credit.

A crash will happen sooner rather than later and it will make the S&L scandal of the 1980's look like small in comparison.

Best Wishes,
    Avalon

Avalon, your right on about the over-extended home owners. A family over here bought one of those pricey homes and it was over a year before they could afford curtains.

> in the end, we all will end up on a 3 foot by 6 foot plot, with no view.

I'm going to contribute by becoming fertilizer in the end.

JC you will not believe Bozeman anymore. I had to go over there to the doc's the other day and I can't believe how much building they are doing. In two weeks three new buildings went up on the east side of town. I took my wife to the airport two weeks ago and Belgrade is just unreal. Glad I live over here at least it is a little slower. But not by to much. Frind of mine bought a home over there about 9 years ago for 150 thousand and is selling it now for over 500 grand. Just unreal.

My wife works for the county as the Health Nurse and I was talking to the guy that does the driving licenses here and he told me that 58 percent of the people turning in licenses for Montana licenses are from California. I also talked to a fellow that moved here from Oregan and he told me he sold out and moved here because of all the people from California moving were he use to live. Said he was a mile and a half out of town and in two years all the land around his 5 acres was housing. Said he couldn't stand it. I guess it is the same all over. But were the sam hell are they all coming from? And what the Sam Hell are they all doing for a job here? I guess all the building is what is making all the job's LOL. Ron

Ron you ask what they are all doing for a job ? Most of the ones that have moved in around where I live are retired . They want to get out of the big cities and go somewhere quite. Then when to many of them move in they complain about all the people moving in. They seem to forget that they too moved in.

Rocky

+ Reply to Thread