I was happy to get a kayak last Friday at a local sporting goods chain store, I got a Perception America 11.0 (sit-in). It's 11 ft long as I'm 6'3" and had some trouble with the 9 1/2 footers. It's the greatest thing I've bought in quite some time. All the kids love it, the wife even has a blast paddling around in it, she has osteo-arthritis and has no trouble getting around in it.

I would highly suggest you look at the SOT (sit-on-top) kayak to haul around with your fishing boat, they're much easier to get on and off and they accomodate long legs much easier. Be sure to get one that has a back brace and maybe a seat pad. Anything else you end up needing you can add; rod holder, anchors, paddle holder, etc. And, towing the yak behind the boat will be easy to do.

Check out [url=http://www.kayakfishingstuff.com:044b1]Kayak Fishing Stuff[/url:044b1]'s web site for products, prices and more information.

------------------
There's almost nothin' wrong with the first lie, it's the weight of all the others holdin' it up that gets ya'! - Tim

[This message has been edited by MOturkE (edited 04 July 2006).]