+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When It's Not Spam?

Default When It's Not Spam?

For everyone's information,

I just got a telephone call from daughter. Seems as if she ordered a gift certificate for my wife(birthday) and the company was to have emailed the certificate to my wife. Well, we have 'EZ Anti-Spam'. Since the company was not among approved addresses, its email went into the spam file. Sometime during that day I looked at the addresses or names in the file and deleted those with which I was unfamiliar. Since I didn't know to be on the look-out for this email or the comapny, I've no doubt I deleted it.

Now my daughter is kinda angry about this. She said I should have openned the email and seen it was a gift certificate from her. I said, 'Why would I bother opening spam mail (probably about 40 a day) to see what it is? That defeats the purpose of a spam mail blocker and opens my computer up to viruses?' She didn't care for that explanation.

I am relaying this situation for the following reason: If you are going to arrange to have a gift certificate sent from a specific company, contact the recipient and let him/her know to expect an email from that company. Otherwise your gift may end up deleted and floating somewhere in that great black hole of internet junk.

Allan

We average 600 spams a day. That is WITH a spam blocker. Count your blessing Allan.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Many applications that "delete" files don't really delete them. Are you sure there isn't a wastebasket or similar feature that you could retrieve it from?

My sister did that to me - changed her display name to "Confidential". You think I know who "Confidential" is? !!!

Then she had the nerve to be upset because I didn't respond to her e-mails!

------------------
    --------
    Let No One Walk Alone
    ><))))'>------<'((((><
    Bill
    Let No One Walk Alone
    <*)))))><{----------}><((((*>

+ Reply to Thread