+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Printers

nighthawk Guest

Allan,
    I have an HP and refill my own cartridges. No problems. Nu-Cote makes good refill kits (BW & Color) you can buy at Wal-Mart. I get at least three refills each. Easy to follow instructions and will save you $$$.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

It's a great day for fly fishing!

i went to get ink today, ended up with a new printer. the newer oned have indivual color cartridges. thats a nice feature

------------------
    --------
    roger
    princess anne, eastern shore of md.
    -----
    Roger
    Princess Anne, Md

Don't know if this will help or not but rather than print them out (I do from time to time), I just copy and paste them into a Word Document, give the file a name to save to desktop, and burn the document file onto a CD (delete the file from the desktop and recycle bin). This way I can always call it up from a CD without printing hard copies or cluttering up the hard drive with files. You would have to invest in a CD burner and some rewritable CDs (CD-RWs) to do this though. The new blank CDs cost far less than inkjet cartridges.

I also have a small Brother desktop laser printer but I am restricted to black and white copies so I have an alternate Lexmark inkjet color printer. I reink the cartridges and have had no problems as long as I follow the instructions. The kits are InkTec kits. I order my kits and ink refills for the kits at [url=http://www.inkjetcartridges.com:a7915]http://www.inkjetcartridges.com[/url:a7915] and they have always given me good service. Even this can be expensive (eventually I still have to get new cartridges) so I prefer the CDs .

------------------
    Robert B. McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"

[This message has been edited by dixieangler (edited 30 October 2005).]
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

I have an HP Deskjet and refill my own. The only problem I have is that the refilled cartridges do not show as full after refill. There is no indication of how much ink is left once the cartridge is refilled. Kinda like driving a car without a gas guage.I "have to" refill every few weeks to avoid a dry cartridge.
    Mark

PS: I know, RIVETING topic.

[This message has been edited by Marco (edited 17 November 2005).]

since I am kind of 'just the info' oriented, when I had a HP i would refill just the black and let the color be darned! but now I have this STUPID epson thing that has a 'you can't refill me' chip in it that forces you to buy carteidges and furthermore if ANY part of either catridge runs out you can't print anything! man this is a lousy method of urging me to buy another epson.
    splinter

splinter, you got that right. I will never buy an Epson for that one reason. Why they have a system that won't print is a mystery. Why make your customers very mad at your product! Boycot Epson!!!!!

Happy Trails!
    Ronn
    Happy Trails!
    Ronn

http://ronnlucassr.com/

Blog Entries

Splinter , the new HP are now the same as Epsons . To override the thing you have to buy a second cartridge . Put it in the printer . This re-sets the memory in the printer . Now Your original one
    re-filled will now work also . It is a cheesy method Epson and now HP are using to force you to buy their extra cartriges instead of refilling your old one . When the cartrige is first put in the printer there is a small program that reconizes a code containing the number of that individual cartridge . Replacing it with a new cartridge cancels the first code as it now recognises the second one . So now the first cartridge looks new to the printer and can be re-used . At walmart and other commercial re printers they have a cheater program to by pass the system allowing all of their refills to work .
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

+ Reply to Thread