+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KRAP!!!

Blog Entries

Default KRAP!!!

Slipped out for what I thought might be my last day of fly fishing for the year. Didn't catch many fish but every one I caught was a really nice bull 'gill. Nice enough I didn't keep any. I was fishing my Redington RS2 #3wgt.

Flipped a Bugger up into the shallows and a bass about 14 inches grabbed it and came out of the water. Then he made a run parallel to the bank and my rod just snapped off about a foot above the handle. While I'm trying to figure out what happened, he broke the leader. So here I am with half my broken rod in the water and nothing on the other end. Fotunately for me (and my warranty) I was able to inch the line in and bring it up. Can't see a mark on it - just broke.

Funny part is my poor old spinning and baitcasting outfits just get thrown in the back of the truck. Flyrods get all wiped down and put in a case. Maybe I'm spoiling them?

Oh well - I'll send them the kindling and we'll see how good the warranty is.
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

Hey HH,

Glad you got out for the day but sure
    was a bummer about the rod. Hope your
    weekend proves better. Warm regards, Jim

Blog Entries

Thanks Jim - did catch some dandy 'gills, though.

Well, I don't know J. It says send it to them with 20 bucks and they'll decide. I liked the warranty the guy from Scheel's gave me when I bought a spinning rod.

"I don't care if you fall down with it in the parking lot and break it. Bring it back and I'll give you a new one."
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

redington is unconditional, i think. say a silent prayer of thanks to jim murphy!!!

Redington is. I think is $25 shipping and handling and the usually send a new rod. Not a bad deal at all.

jed

HH,

Life happens

My XP 5wt did that too. Snapped 2 inches from the handle while casting. No scrapes, marks etc, ... just BANG!

I have to get around to sending it in.

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:91e53]Fishing the Ste-Marguerite[/url:91e53]
    Christopher Chin

+ Reply to Thread