Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking Moving

Hey Ron sorry to say even in the small towns in the middle of nowhere are going up in price quickly. here its people looking for horse property or their hideaway in the woods gotta love the ones that ask to see remote properties after 30 seconds off the main road they decide that possibly their concept of remote is a little different than the average montanans.
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

"I am considering relocating
    from our home in northern california
    to Bozeman MT."

You and everybody else from your god forsaken state. Maybe you can move here and help your california bretheren make this state a little more like where you came from? That would be great.

"I am considering relocating
    from our home in northern california
    to Bozeman MT."

Make that Re-consedering Banjo! LOL!

I do very much want to relocate where people get along.. Kindness, consideration,respect, and no stereotypes about any persons..

I can stay here and enjoy these things as I do now but, if we do relocate we will bring these values with us where ever my family and I chose to live..
    ( Heck maybe even where Banjo lives )

For these values are instilled within us and
    can be passed along, in my book they surely are.

PS: Tom L,

Some of the things you spoke of are
    garbage and my Son as you thought has a mindset to see it for just what you say it is and not stand for it. In fact denonce it.

This I am very proud of as well as his ability to cast a good line on the water. Boast, Boast,Boast!! Tied his 1st fly at four... Ok I will hold back but... you should have seen him at Yellowstone last week..

Again Tom and all the rest of my angling bretheren I thank you for your kind observations and insights.

Steve

[This message has been edited by Steve Molcsan (edited 18 August 2005).]
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

" Of course with the current state of affairs in this country, we may end up visiting British Columbia instead."

What's that suppose to mean exactly?

I doubt that the "high real estate prices" will shoo off anyone who owns even a garage in Sunnyvale, CA.!!!

Steve, I would be more concerned about the extremeness of the winters. At temps like our friends are describing, you need to be very serious about plain ol' survival. Flip flops and flowered shirts won't work up there.

Having said that, I wish I had a 2nd home in that area, I'd drain the pipes at the end of the Summer and lock 'er up tight until next Spring. But boy would I enjoy the days when the water was running.

------------------
    Snow on the roof but with fire still in the hearth

Just to make sure I haven't been misunderstood,

A majority of the people in the area aren't like I described. However, they are common enough to be bothersome. I just don't want you to think the vast majority of people up there are ignorant rednecks, that wouldn't be a fair generalization.

On cost of living:
    I would imagine property values are going to be close to what you know now in CA. The big difference is wages and day-to-day expenses. If Bozeman is anything like Coeur d'Alene, ID (another tourist town), I suspect it's a great place to visit, but it's too expensive to live there.

I'm glad we could provide some useful information for you. I'm sure whatever decision you make will work out for the best.

------------------
    "With luck, it can be like quitting drinking without entirely losing the sense of fun you learned while you were smashed." - John Gierach

Steve, move to Montana and invite me up.

Steve

Move to Montana, buy a house next to Banjo and then invite me and Micus out.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Blog Entries

Geez, Benjo, I moved from Bozeman to northern California. Cause we have things like jobs here. And steelhead, come to think of if. Do I get a gold star from you or something? I figure he can have my spot, since I aint using it any more.

Oh, wait, I need my spot in October when I (and three of my friends) are going to invade your state and catch all of your fish. For a week anyway. No guides, just us heathen trouters crowding your waters. And spending money.

Thanks DG,
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Closed Thread