Castwell,

I'm not sure what you mean by "are you going to post this there too?". Where? On the General Discussion board? Sorry if I upset you by doing that the last time. I was in a hurry to get some information.

The Hotel was Sheriton Port Lucaya.

The guide service cost $400 for the full day.

I'm not sure of the name of the village, though someone in the group referred to it as Clearwater Key. It was on the south east side of Grand Bahamas and in the middle of nowhere.

My leader was tied by me, using a formula I got from Phill Shook, author of "Flyfishing the Texas Coast". Four sections of mono tapering from 30lb at the butt to 10 at the tippet with the length being the same as my rod plus some for trimming (around 11 feet, but each is a little different as the blood knot tags sometimes vary).

There were two flies which caught fish, ?The pink Puff? and a shrimp pattern in beige (unknown name). Both flies were suggested/provided by the guide (kept them both). I tied them on with the improved clinch knot.

The flyline is Scientific Angler Air Cel 8wf F. It performed just as well in the Bahamas water temp as it did many times before in the GOM along Texas Coast; good enough to catch fish.

The full name of the guide service was Captain Phil and Mel?s Bonefishing. The guide?s name was just GT (doubt he is a member of a guide association). I was originally advised to call Captain Perry?s Guide service, but he was booked and referred me to Capt Phil. Look them up on the internet for numbers.

The wind was blowing 10 to 15 mph SSE and it did not keep this trouty guy from fishing, but it challenged me plenty.

The school sizes varied from pairs of fish to as many as 10 or 12.

I did not weigh or measure any of the fish I caught, but none were shorter than 20 inches by my estimation (fisherman usually exaggerate but this is my honest estimate). The guide estimated the fish to be around 5-7 lbs.

Oh yeah, the boat was powered by a Yamaha 85.