Okie_Noodler

I looked your reel up and found that while it does not hold as much backing as I would want it should handle all you will need. You will need to learn how to tire the fish by using the rod instead of the drag on the reel. But I will tell you this, for years I had done just that and never felt that I did not have enough equipment. Now I use reels that are made for what I fish for plus the extra I want to catch. But I am older and less active. I do not have the energy to chase a fish 2 or 3 hundred yards down the shore.
Your equipment will be fine, bring plenty of leader material. I would also suggest gloves, our fish move sudden like and most of the time without warning you will have line singing out of the reel.

I will tell you this. As long as it holds enough line to get the fly where you need it and be able to handle the fish, I do not care it the reel cost 1.00 or 1000.00 the rest if up to you. You can bring a fish to hand without using the reel.

You come on down, watch some of these guys and the way they handle the rod with a fish on and you will learn a lot, just being here
will teach you more about our kind of fishing than anything you can read. Heck you might even find out that the salt stays in your blood...

I will agree if you do not want this reel to be a single use piece of equipment you will need to clean it and clean it well. Pay close attention to the line. Soaking is a good way to remove the salt. A dip in the swimming pool works. This is the real reason the Dude had a pool put in. Heck he does not even like the water just a place to clean the equipment. Each of the salty dogs will teach you something.

Remember it is all about fun.

See you soon

Harold

[This message has been edited by Harold Hattaway (edited 24 October 2005).]