gerri

They are wonderful to eat, lots of bones sure but take a few big ones, scale them and remove the heads.

Next cover the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with sweet onions, and pour white wine of your choice to cover the onions. Next the fish put about 1 tablespoon, of butter in little pieces on the fish, next another layer of onions and slices of lemon: now do not tell anyone the next step or the fish population of the world will decrease. sprinkle some cheese over the top. I use romono but you can use your favorite. Now cook in the over at 350 degrees, and watch the fish, when it flakes it is done. I use this with bass, gils, and other fish. But it is really tasty with the fish with white meat..
The bones will just lift out of the fish but heck I just eat around them. The skin is edible. This will be a soft messy dish when finished very tender. So if you are feeding a lot of people this dish, use foil and make packages, then throw them on the grill, the amount of wine is less important in the foil because it will not escape.

Now go catch a dozen or so pins and eat lunch.

A pinch of garlic is good if you like garlic.

Harold

[This message has been edited by Harold Hattaway (edited 06 October 2005).]