This was taken off the mote marine website:

Red Tide

Mote Marine Laboratory's Center for Ecotoxicology studies Karenia brevis, the organism that causes red tides.

Conditions as of July 29, 2005:

The red tide affecting the Florida Gulf coast remains along Sarasota County north, including Pinellas County. Concentrations in Sarasota Bay were patchy, fluctuating between low and high concentrations through out this week. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission also reports patchy distribution with low to high concentrations along Manatee and Pinellas county beaches and in Tampa Bay. The good news is that the bloom has diminished in southern Sarasota County with none reported from Venice south to Charlotte and Lee Counties.

Respiratory irritation and dead fish continue to be reported through out the area, depending on local bloom conditions and the direction and intensity of the wind. Light winds and winds blowing off-shore should minimize adverse effects, while strong on-shore winds will bring adverse impacts on shore. It is important to note that, as atmospheric and oceanic conditions change, algal bloom conditions change as well, making forecasting very difficult.

For status of the bloom, and closed shellfish areas, please see [url=http://www.floridamarine.org:63c39]www.floridamarine.org[/url:63c39] or call Mote?s information phone system at 941-388-4441 and press #6 for local red tide information.

If you need immediate assistance, please call the Marine and Freshwater Toxin hotline at 1-888-232-8635. It is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

From the looks of that report you will still be seeing the effects of the tide.
I was out a few days ago and saw fresh kills.

Hey Stev; you been in Tampa Bay or around it?

Hey Purebs or Dunfly, how is the red tide in your area?

Shmang I will go out to the bay this weekend and post back a report, but I am in the Sarasota Bay, which is south of Tampa Bay, maybe I will drive up that way and take a look... Good Luck

Harold