+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Springo Whip Finisher

Default Springo Whip Finisher

Has anyone used the Springo whip finisher? Pros and Cons? As a point of reference, I like using a Matarelli style whip finisher already. Thanks for any wisdom.
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Thanks. No need to convince me about learning to do it with my hand. Or the wonderfulness of other whip finishers. I'm just looking for more info on the Springo... is it durable, do people who tend to like the matarelli like it, how is it if the finish isn't right at the eye of the hook, etc.
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Hi Diane - Yes its great. I actually reach for it over my Mattarelli. Everything it claims to be. Cheers, Alec

Diane,

Glad you asked that question. I have been wondering the same thing. I really like the Matarelli and have the large and the small one. I can reach anywhere on the fly with one or the other. I do not really need the Springo, but, toys are toys. I will be watching this post to see what opinions are given about the Springo.

------------------
    Warren
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

So what exactly is the spring supposed to do for you? I'm perfectly happy with the Matarelli and my hand.

Jay

The spring allows the arm to flex. It really does not do the job better than the Matterelli or one's fingers, but I'm a "Material Boy". Alec

+ Reply to Thread