+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Teasers?

Default Teasers?

My wifes grandfather wants me to tie up a bunch of teasers for him. He's supplying me with all the materials. However I've never tied them before. I have an idea of what to do, there allot like decievers/clousers minus the eyes right? If anyone has a picture or a recipe thank you!!

Tim ,

Teasers are used more often in Saltwater, and frequently it represents a melding of both fly tying (fly) and spin/bait casting (plugs). For a better definition, as well as a demonstration of how teasers are tied and used, I would suggest that you go to:
    << [url=http://www.stripersonline.com/Pages/Articles/article_teaser_rigs.shtml:5a5a4]http://www.stripersonline.com/Pages/Articles/article_teaser_rigs.shtml[/url:5a5a4] >>

Or for further information, go to their search page and enter: " teaser rigs "...

Tight lines
    Bright Fish
    Taut threads Dadflyer

I tyed up some teasers for a fellow one time.
    Decievers are what he wanted.
    Blondes would work well also.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

A few years ago I went saltwater spin fishing off the NJ surf. Therer were striped bass but mostly blues in the surf. We were using big plugs and above that I used a very large Black Nose Dace as a teaser. Except for one lone striper I caught all blue fish. The vast majority of them were caught on the teaser. Be prepared to replace them almost every other fish. They really do a number on the fly.

Allan

Thank you for the info guys! So I should just tie up some decievers/look alikes. Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread