+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oliver Edwards DVD

Default Oliver Edwards DVD

Hi guys, I have a DVD of Oliver Edwards that shows how to weave a couple of nymphs that Parnelli kindly sent me. I would like to pass this on to other UK users of this site so they can share in his generosity. The only condition is that once you have finished with it, it has to be passed on to the next name in the list. If you wish to receive this please leave your name on this thread and we can get the ball rolling.

------------------
    Work is a means for people to afford their fishing.

Bump

------------------

If you are open to us on this side of the pond, I'll take a shot with it.

Don
    Don Rolfson

Sorry Drolfson, but this is the UK version, it won't work on US dvd's hence why Parnelli sent it to me. I think he is going to do something similar with the US version he is getting but I'm not sure.

------------------

Garic, the fact that it won't work in the US - is that because it's the PAL system and we have NTSC over here? (If that's the reason, I'd like a shot at it 'cause I've got a multisystem TV, etc. from our days in Asia - Singapore & Hong Kong - so I could prob'ly make it work.

------------------
    Snow on the roof with fire in the hearth

It is a DVD and each DVD player has a code for your country. Personally I think it is conn by the industry but there are ways around it. Some makes allow you to alter the code so that you can look at any DVD.
    They say it is because of different release times for movies in different countries.
    In other words, if you buy a newly released DVD in the USA and take it to the UK, you cannot view it. A load of codswallop, if you've paid for a DVD you should be able to view where you like.

------------------
    Donald/Scotland
    Donald Nicolson (Scotland)

http://donaldnicolson.webplus.net/

I have two DVD's (USA DVD format) of "Parallel or Shuttle Weave (The Polish Woven Nymph)" with Oliver Edwards, running time is approximately 29 minutes long. This is a sample from the Essential Patterns CD, being offered by DGP Productions, in their Essential Pattern series of DVD's...
    [url=http://www.essential-skills.tv:aa854]http://www.essential-skills.tv[/url:aa854]

I am willing to offer these for viewing by members of FAOL, once I get a list of those interested. You will get one week to view the DVD's before you forward them to the next member on the list. Final member, then returns the DVD to me.

Contact me by email at the above email icon or click ....

[email:aa854]parnelli@comcast.net[/email:aa854]

Subject: Oliver Edwards DVD
    Need the following information; Full Name, Mailing Address, Phone #.

I will run this notice as a seperate posting on the Fly Tying Board.

~ Parnelli

"Paying Forward"

[This message has been edited by Steven H. McGarthwaite (edited 18 March 2005).]

I signed up for the US versions. One thing, however, if'n ya gots one of them there DVD dealies on yer compewter, you can usually change the country code in the software a limited number of times to view DVDs from other countries.

Also, ahem, there, ahem, might, ahem, be 'ways' of getting rid of the 'limited' number of changes, ahem. (Not that I'd know anything about that. )

Don
    Don Rolfson

+ Reply to Thread