I do the same as mojoman when preparing and mixing (heating both parts of the epoxy). I mix the Flexcoat in a small plastic cup being careful not to introduce a bunch of bubbles in the process (keep cup flat and mix slowly to avoid folding epoxy over itself and trapping bubbles.

Once it's mixed I take a small plate (covered in alumnium foil) and pour the epoxy onto the plate and let it set for a minute or 2. This helps any bubbles in the epoxy escape easier. If there are still bubbles I use a hair dryer or breath on the epoxy to help the bubbles escape.

When applying the epoxy I make sure to not touch the thread with the Spatulas. I allow the epoxy to flow off the spatula and on to the wrap. Just the surface tension of the epoxy will allow you to move the epoxy bead over the wrap without touching the wrap itself (most bubbles are introduced into the epoxy as air is brushed into the epoxy during contact of the brush or spatula).

The only time the spatula touches the wrap is on the ends where I push the epoxy bead over the edge then slowly build the epoxy up at the edge of the wrap.

I wish I was articulate enough to accurately describe the process. I hope I was able to do that.

[This message has been edited by Northern Extreme (edited 08 January 2006).]