+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A few new patterns...

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by john52948 View Post
    pt,

nice looking flies, we have a couple similar to these that out fish just about everything else, any day of the week on the white. tie up a root beer midge and a ruby midge, give them a try.

get well soon

I probably use Midge patterns more frequently, on the waters that I fish, than any other fly - with the possible exception of BWO's / Baetis.

Here are a few of the Midge patterns that go with me and my kids when we're fishing:

...one of these days, I will have all of the Midge patterns in this book, in my boxes (* scroll down ):

https://books.google.com/books?id=Yw2bCgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=g bs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

Below is one of my favorite Midge patterns for the East Walker River, in the Eastern Sierra, in the Fall:

PT/TB
    Daughter to Father, "How many arms do you have, how many fly rods do you need?"
    http://planettrout.wordpress.com/

pt, thats quite a selection, looks like some of my spare boxes, sitting in the closet. about the only thing i have found that out fishes the midge patterns, at certain times of the year, is a pattern i created about 5 or 6 years ago called a wired pt. from june till september it shines. i think its because i tie it like a soft hackle, flymph, that allows me to swing it as a soft hackle or fish it as a nymph

Must have been a tough run with the various operations for the kidney stones. Best of luck with the upcoming surgery and a quick and successful recovery.

John
    The fish are always right.

I will echo what others have already said ..... it's good to see a post from you. I have always had a deep appreciation for every picture you have posted of you flies and while fishing. I wish you the very best with the health issue you are going through and hope that it will be resolved with this last procedure. I'm assuming tying flies at a time like this has been very therapeutic.

+ Reply to Thread