To: All Interested
I say ALL to keep Betty from saying this is a personal email. This has been an unusual spring up here. I have been here since the end of April and it's been pretty chilly until recently. Now we are fluctuating between 75-90 during the afternoon. Rivers, to include the Manistee, are a little low due to very little rain. Water temp is also high for this time of years 65-72. BTW, I am not a climate change or Green New Deal fan. With all that said, a few members who are regulars plan to come up later in June, but nothing formal is planned.

From my observations, there are far more fishers here than in previous years. Could be because of Fauci's and the MI Governor's lockdown last year. BTW, very few people are still wearing mask up here. Not even the waiters in Spikes. My wife and I have been vaccinated. I have not fished allot this year, but reports I hear are that it is spotty on any given day. Most people are using streamers or nymphs right now. We did have a good Brown Drake hatch a few weeks ago. Lots of sulfurs right now and I expect a good Hex hatch due to the warmer than usual temps. Bottom line- maybe we can have an informal gathering if anybody is interested. My house on the river is always available. The Ausable river race is on this years (end of June) after being cancelled last year.

Hope all of you are well. JC.