Gee Reggie, that's a long list of questions!

1.) there will be enough difference to notice from the 6 to a 4, a 3wt will have a little more. Either will equal more fun. The lighter rod will not toss larger flies as easily but will be a pleasure to fish all day.

2.) I think you'll be happy with the IM6 or 7 blanks from Hook & Hackle. Call Bob and ask him how they compare to your favorite rod.

3.) I feel the main difference between the single foot and snake guides is the look. Use whatever you like and don't expect huge performance differences.

I also feel modern 3 and 4 piece blank designs maintain the same performance as their 2 piece counterparts.

4.) An uplock seat is probably more popular for the rod you will be building but, if you'd rather ... well it's your rod.

5.) Single foot might mean less wrapping and less weight but you'll get twice the experience with snakes, maybe twice the fun?

6.) Finding the spine can be difficult especially on a 4 piece, but that's a good thing because it means modern blanks are so well made that the spline in not a big thing to worry about

7.) I would say, try to find it as best you can, then put all the pieces together. Make sure the assembled blank is straight. If not, adjust it even if it disagrees a little with your spline markings. Then rotate the rod to the position that it bends the most down. Place your guides on the top of that position.

8.) I usually wrap at least an inch at the ferrule, maybe more for larger diameter rods. Look at some of your other rods for an idea of that and the guides.

9.) The main difference in the feel is how effortless the 4 will cast compared to the 9.

10.) A lighter weight rod will be easier for your daughter, less fatigue.

11.) You can just rotate it by hand every once in a while while the epoxy cures but I prefer using a motorized device. It doesn't get distracted and forget to turn!

Here's a page with some Learning Links to good tutorials and information:
[url=http://www.sbflyfishers.com/rodclass.htm:9fd3c]http://www.sbflyfishers.com/rodclass.htm[/url:9fd3c]

Have fun Reggie!

------------------
Joe