wow, hit the wrong key!
Beachback; your assumption is correct. You should have not bothered thinning Flexcoat with acetone in the first place. Learning to mix it correctly is the key and it really should not require thinning at all. With a proper mix, you should have no reason to want to thin it, for working time is sufficient depending on how you are working with it. Yes there will be a difference if turning the rod by hand vs a rod drying motor, but that may mean finishing the rod in stages due to the working time with Flexcoat. A common mistake made, is improper mixing and also trying to do all the wraps at one time when turning by hand. I have worked with Flexcoat for many years and had those problems when I first started. Once I learned how to mix it correctly and started building and repairing rods using a rod lathe my problems disappeared. You may find that your finish is not as hard as it should be and pressing your thumb nail into that finish may tell the story. Sounds to me that a restoration job may be needed to correct your problem. If you must use acetone, save it for the cleanup of brushes only or get rid of it....for health reasons, it can be absorbed thru the skin if not used correctly. If you wish further tips on mixing the Flexcoat, please e-mail me and I would be more than happy to help improve your finish problems.

------------------