+ Reply to Thread

Thread: photobucket

Hybrid View

Byron,
    You'd have to elaborate on " commercial aspects which don't become a nuisance to users". Although, save Safari, you've obviously hacked my portfolio, they also, although offering "free" service, inject commercial aspect that is/are perhaps a bit less "a nuisance" but nontheless.............
    I generally expect nothing for free and am seldom disappointed .
    Mark

Photobucket provided a nice service for me for a number of years; I was even willing to pay $3/month for extra bandwidth since I post SBSs on a number of sites. Their new business model is a bit rich for my blood, so it's off to Flikr (and maybe Imgur when I update my Mac's O/S).

Regards,
    Scott
    Just a tourist passing through

SBS Index updated 2/21/18

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Byron,
    You'd have to elaborate on " commercial aspects which don't become a nuisance to users". Although, save Safari, you've obviously hacked my portfolio, they also, although offering "free" service, inject commercial aspect that is/are perhaps a bit less "a nuisance" but nontheless.............
    I generally expect nothing for free and am seldom disappointed .
    Mark

You certainly have a way with words! Love it!

I was just mentioning a few internet "free services" which I use and do not feel "put upon" when I use them. Facebook in particular. And imagine what you get! Free messaging. Free picture and postings and all the services they offer and keep improving.

Now, at some point in the future, they will probably much more commercialize the service. That's how these models tend to work. They get their numbers way up and then begin to monetize.......
    Last edited by Byron haugh; 07-20-2017 at 08:03 AM.

I switched to gifyu.com for now. Seems to be working fine for posting pics on message boards and my blog. I looked at imgur...but the social media aspect of it kind of blows my mind.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

I started using imgur awhile back, when photobucket became a pain to use. So far imgur has been great. Now with photobucket's new policy, I'll be switching everything over.

Blog Entries

I used Photo bucket for a number of years, at first it was wonderful, then they made it harder to get to my pictures by taking me through numerous pages of other peoples pictures and adds. I didn't mind this as I could still get to my pictures. Then they started with the pop up adds. and it became impossible to get to my pictures as every time I got to my pictures another two or three popups came up. I kept my account only due to pictures I had on this site that someone might gain some use from. When they then decided to take those pictures off line I stopped using them and deleted my account. I know they can not be this stupid that they think people are going to pay for what others give for free. they know there are multiple places that do what they do, they have some reason to want to get rid of us. I have no problem with that. I had a businesses relationship with them, I now don't.
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Quote Originally Posted by Jayatwork View Post
    I started using imgur awhile back, when photobucket became a pain to use. So far imgur has been great. Now with photobucket's new policy, I'll be switching everything over.
    Is there an easy way to switch photobucket pictures to a new site?

So far photobucket has not removed any pictures I have posted.
    Maybe they haven't reached the end of the alphabet.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman View Post
    Is there an easy way to switch photobucket pictures to a new site?
    I don't know. I think you could copy them from photobucket. But it has become so difficult to use and overbearing with ads that I think I am just going to upload the photos I want from my computer to imgur.

Lightbulb Using the "attachment" ...

... method for advanced replies within the Bulletin Board system is another alternative. Click on the pic for a larger version, if my earlier experiment actually works.

006.jpg
    The fish are always right.

+ Reply to Thread