Well, I am here and the Main Branch is not that warm. We just had a good rain yesterday and the river is back to a good late summer normal. Tricos are plentiful in the morning if you want to go that small. It's the time of year that the attractors/terrestrials are doing well. I caught several browns a couple of days ago on a Madsen Skunk. I've also had some luck with Charlie Craven's "Charlie Boy Hopper. The fish (Browns and Brooks) seemed more than willing to rise to those flies in a size 12 & 14 (something I can see). Josh at Gates told some guy the other day, "when in doubt, go with a Patriot".

Fishing pressure is now down, but the aluminum hatch is still in full swing from about 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. The tube brigades can be a problem for a person trying to fish in the afternoon. The North Branch does not allow the canoe liveries, so there is less of a problem there. I have had no luck with caddis patterns, but the other standards, as mentioned above may do well.... especially in the morning. Also, don't overlook the lighter colored patterns. I have seen a few PMD coming off through the day in front of my house. I have not been down to the big water this year, but I hear streamers are working well. One of my neighbors caught a 23 inch brown down there a few nights ago. Hope to run into you while you are here.