+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weather Confused

Blog Entries

Default Weather Confused

typical scene from this time of year.

Actual scene from yesterday

My trout will be confused also.

I'll say. It's supposed to hit 60 degrees on Saturday in Central, PA

If we had a chart of weather for the entire history of the world, we might find this is perfectly normal weather. What we have is a small snapshot from the period of time we have been collecting data. Some climate change advocate try to tell us it's a mural of weather, but it really is just a snapshot. Weather is cyclical, I saw a graphic of temperature in my home state of Mississippi for the 20th century. I was surprised to see the warmest period was pre-WWII, the coldest when I was growing up in the 1960's. During the 60's we had some snow every winter, my only white Christmas was 1963. We had 15" that stayed on the ground for over a week, unheard of for that part of the country. March 1965, it snowed 3 times after we went swimming the first time.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

It is possible to track weather patterns back farther than recorded history through the use of tree rings and other technologies. It is also possible to track the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere for a very long time using glacial ice. The indisputable facts are that the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is increasing at a more rapid rate than in many centuries and the effect is that we are going to have more extreme swings in the weather. Them's the facts.

Just so this isn't taken as a left-wing liberal conspiracy, here is a webpage with Exxon-Mobil's position on the subject, showing that their research confirms that climate change is real.
    http://www.exxonmobilperspectives.co...limate-science

Ted
    Last edited by tedshuck; 12-08-2015 at 09:11 PM. Reason: added link

Ted, I don't think there is any disagreement about there being climate change, the argument is about what is causing it. The climate has been changing for hundreds of years; heck the climate is even changing on Mars.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Regardless of the cause or reason, but as of this beautiful day here along the coast, enjoy, for directly all will be changing back toward a more normal weather pattern for this time of year.
    Besides, my recollection of last winter, it was a long hard season and this old man felt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    Ted, I don't think there is any disagreement about there being climate change, the argument is about what is causing it. The climate has been changing for hundreds of years; heck the climate is even changing on Mars.
    Jesse, It took me a little while to track back to the article, but there was a paper earlier this year in Nature that shows a strong link between CO2 emissions and climate change. The authors are from Lawrence Berkeley National Labs.
    http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture14240.html

Ted

+ Reply to Thread