+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Catagory?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by cheech View Post
    This whole discussion really makes me laugh, and there is a part of the western US where people really think about this stuff. How about this.... WHO CARES WHAT YOU CALL IT!!!!

I fish with flies, I fish with lures, I fish with bait, I fish with your mom... WHO CARES. If you have fun tying them, fishing them, and more importantly if the fish eat them, then good on you.

I really laugh at the guys who criticize me for fishing conventional gear for bass. Truth be told, their "flies" will NEVER be able to do what a bass lure does. If you think they do, just show me your fly rod punching rig.

Simple minded dudes who care what a fish attracting device should be called... Just sayin'
    Nothing beats an old crank phone.... Just sayin.......
    The Green Hornet strikes again!!!

go to the words.... everything we use to attract a fish which is not BAIT is by definition a "lure". Bait is meat or veg of some sort which has scent and is perishable, I think. A fly is simply one type of lure.

Then at some point, the BASCAR guys started calling their lures "BAITS" just to further confuse matters....

I think this topic has been crushed, smashed, beaten, and ground into the dirt a hundred times in the past.
    To the simpleton, proof does not matter once emotion takes hold of an issue.

bait(beɪt) n. 1. food, or some substitute, used as a lure in fishing, trapping,etc. And you don't even want to go to the list on the on line legal dictionary. But technically speaking according to the definition, a fly is bait and a lure.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread