Thread: an old friend???

Threaded View

Thanks Marco for contacting me. Frankly I am humbled to see that my name should come up after all of these years. Especially from a young man who remembers me as his first contact here on FAOL. There is a lesson in this for all of us I suppose. We never know who, or how profoundly we might touch another in what seems to be the most innocent of circumstances. You guys are correct I was and I suppose am one of the originals on FAOL. Several of us have passed on now and they fish new waters. The friends we acquire during our lifetime supplied with the great memories of our exploits together keep the fires of the youthful mind alive and burning. I am grateful for every memory and everyone of you here at FAOL today. I have retired now from running cranes and spend most of my time making holsters and gunbelts. I also teach NRA Rifle and Pistol classes and as involved locally in fishing as ever, though my writing has slowed some, I still dabble a bit and have begun a website www.bladesandsheaths.com if you would like to take a look. it is new and not yet fully developed but there are a couple of articles on it which you might enjoy. I even have the first chapter of a book I have been writing for a few years up with more to follow. Stop by and check it out. Mark didn't mention that in addition to George Harvey, I was blessed to spend time on that trip with my friend Leon Chandler and Joe Humphries. Joe was acting as Georges driver and was very gracious when I chided him about the Penn State vs Alabama rivalry. While I won't promise to become a regular here again, yet I will promise to make the timing between visits of a much shorter duration. Thanks again to each of you for thinking of me. I will always remember you.
    Last edited by George Emanuel; 08-02-2014 at 12:54 AM.