+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chenille

Hybrid View

Warren,

I think we're talking about 2 different things. I was referring to an offense being taken because a newcomer broke some unwritten rule of this forum and then calling them out publicly for it. My very first post (and I've probably been around here about as long as you have, Warren) was to sell a few things and I stuck around as a result. If someone had found it necessary to put me in my place because of it, I probably would not have.

The point you seem to be making is that first time posters wanting to sell something may be out to take our money. That might be true, but caveat emptor, Warren. Whether or not I buy from him or her, I'll choose to give a newcomer the benefit of the doubt. I've bought and sold many, many things on this board without incident. And, if I do have a bad experience, I assure you I will not "come here and complain" as you lecture. I regret that it took you 3 times to conclude it may not be good practice to buy from a first time poster, but you have some responsibility for that.

Sorry but personally I wouldn't buy anything from someone who had just registered as a member and immediately placed an item up for sale. Now let's say I was interested in the item and contacted the seller. Say we agreed that he/she would ship the item to me and, if I accepted the item, then I'd send payment. Maybe then we could strike a deal. Oh, and I've been a member here for close to 13 years. Bought some. Sold some.

Allan(tyeflies)

Some sites require a minimum number of posts before being eligible to sell items on the site.

+ Reply to Thread