Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
No one mentioned either a stringer or a camera, because if you don't bring back fish or pictures of fish, no one is going to believe you caught any, especially any big ones. A little first aid kit is a handy thing to have, just try not to have to use it. Waterproof enclosures for cameras and/or cell phones are also a good idea, even if you are not planning on getting wet, sometimes it happens, trust me I know.
Consider the Betty Hiner "There are no trout(s) in South Dakota" gambit with regard t stringers and cameras. Betty is attempting to employ a part of the "blue line" ethos on an epic scale. You know the deal. "There are no fish in this stream. I only fish here to enjoy the scenery. Trying to catch fish here is a waste of your time." And for extreme cases there is the, "and besides, the moonshiner/pot grower//meth brewer in the cabin beside the stream shoots all strangers." There's just enough chance of that being true to dissuade a lot of folks.

I double bag, usually with Ziploc freezer bags, my wallet, and cell phone. My camera is guaranteed to a water depth of 10 feet. Ziploc freezer bags are tougher than their sandwich bags.