I am 66 and feel I am still in pretty good shape although right now I am recovering from rotator cuff surgery on my casting arm and hope to be released to fly fish again on April 14th. I am going to therapy 3 times per week and, according to my therapist, progressing very well. I have not cast a fly rod or fished since surgery on January 31st, and, yes, I am going stir crazy!

Prior to the surgery, I have noticed that I do not wade in moving water past my waist like I use to. My balance is not what it use to be, but, I have worked on improving my casting to reach areas that I use to get closer to by wading. I am still able to wade fast moving water (carefully) and I am still able to paddle my NuCanoe and explore many miles of the rivers here which I really enjoy. The NuCanoe eliminates a lot of walking and wading for me and that is a plus. At the present time, I do not see a time in my life where I will hang up my fly rod unless for a major health issue that would have to be so serious that it would put me down.