+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Magazine part 2

I have gotten two issues of Southwestern Fly Fishing magazine, and it is a really good magazine. TX is a little bit of a strech to being southwest, but every issue has an article on someplace in Texas. Good magazine, and it doesn't seem to be the same thing over and over like many other ff magazines.

Barnes and Noble always carries the magazine out here. If anyone is interested, you might want to check it out there before signing up for a subscription.

I just got my copy yesterday. Looks good so far. I am going to keep an optimistic outlook. It?s a new magazine covering a new area, so I want to see several copies before I decide one way or the other. I think we all have to keep an open mind as well. Even though every article may not be on your home waters, there may be a wealth of info on others. This is all about learning and if I can come away educated about some other great spots, then to me it is worth it. So, with that said, I am going to sit back read this issue and look forward to the next.
    Eric.

I was dissapointed that there was very little to do with warmwater. A mention was made in a few of the articles that panfish were available but that was it.

Rick

Amongst the Mangroves of West Central, Florida

Got mine in and liked what I saw/read.

Good grief, they can't print everyone's home waters and everyone's favorite fish in one magazine!

The article on Sanibel, FL in my home state was good. That Chrystal Schminnow is right on. I have a dozen of them tied and ready to go.

Gil

[This message has been edited by FL_SKIBUM (edited 05 March 2005).]
    "Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~ Edward Abbey

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

I got mine the other day and liked it. I thought it was well done. My feeling was that it combined places and information about methods and flies very well. I normally don't care too much for destination stories since I am unlikely to be able to afford the time or MONEY to get to most of those places (Fising for the Seven-Striped Lion Eater of the West Branch of Upper Congo River). The authors may be able to write these exotic trips off for taxes but I can't. I may actually be able to get to some of those places in Eastern Fly Fishing. I'll definitely keep the magazine on a trial basis for a year or two.

------------------
    You had better learn to be a happy camper. You only get one try at this campground and it's a real short camping season.

Mine came today. I am not impressed. Doubt I will subscribe.

I have gotten the Northwest edition for some time ..this last weekend at The Flyfishing Show checked out the Southwest edition...multiple past editions...

I think you will find that in the course of time there will be a lot of info over many geographic areas...therefore different fisheries...some fly tying but not a lot...

To each his own and I have no ax to grind...there are some I would drop before this one...

I received mine recently, I liked what I saw. The articles that I have made it through so far were well done. They give lots of good fishing info with maps and access points. I'll probably give it a go for a while.

Sampioen, if you got the first issue, then you already took out your subscription. That was the deal.

+ Reply to Thread