Glad you asked that, I too am wondering about those. I have watched a couple videos about them, and I think the way they attach to the leader is great, should be virtually no kinking which is my only complaint about bubble type and the original yarn and foam type that attached with the 'O' ring method. I stopped using yarn type strike indicators many years ago for two reasons: (1) Too much wind resistance; (2) They sink way too fast. So I tried the foam type that worked the same as yarn but they had the same two problems, while they wouldn't sink they were very low in the water. Then I went to the twist on foam types but many of them just kept coming off so I ended up with the bubble type but they really kink the leader and as you adjust to different depths the kinks really become obvious. So, are there any NZ users out there? But I do fear that they will still have too much wind resistance and I suspect they will require a lot of floatant material on them as they become water logged. Larry ---sagefisher---