+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Book Of Life

Hybrid View

I can relate to where you are coming from and understand it completely. I am reading a book now and came to this passage and thought of it when I read your post:

"I do not know if I fish because I like fishing, or if I fish because I love rivers. I do know that I am happier when I am near or in a river and that I could not long exist far from them. The stream is a book with an endless number of pages; no matter how well one reads or how long, he will always be coming on new and exciting chapters. There is a never-ending fascination beneath the surface of a stream and the happy reader knows that he will never in his lifetime be finished with this lovely book."
    (Charles E. Brooks' book titled: Nymph Fishing for Larger Trout)

That pretty much sums up why I fly fish streams and rivers.......
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Excellent post and thank you for sharing.

Right on.
    So much LIFE happens near water. Its always interesting, always beautiful.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Great post. I love the pictures and the reflections. It seems the longer I fly fish I come to realize more and more that fly fishing is more than just the fish. My 3 sons and their families arranged a 5 day get together at a vacation house in the Driftless. Fly fishing with all my boys on a stream in the middle of a gorgeous "hollow" was an unforgettable experience. I think it was Henry David Thoreauthat said "Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."I know we all like to fish but at some time in our lives we realize it is more than just the fish. Prayers and well wishes for your friend.
    caribe

+ Reply to Thread