Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
Mike -

Very enjoyable video. Cutter does some really neat stuff.

I was talking to a guide on a major river in this area last fall. He made the point about how many fish we don't catch with a recent experience. He and another guide had fished a hole and caught four fish. Along comes Fish and Game and electroshocks the hole. Something like a hundred trouts pop up to the surface. ( He was probably exaggerating - but it still makes the point. )

I had the good fortune to volunteer with Idaho Fish and Game on a survey of about three miles of the Henry's Fork seven or eight years ago, electroshocking just a narrow swath of the river near the bank. UNBELIEVEABLE how many fish we saw. Anglers don't even come close to catching what is available to them in that river. And that is probably pretty typical of most rivers.

John
Electroshocking is very revealing. I've seen it several times on some of the small streams here in the driftless. Some of our streams have over a 1000 trout per mile. So if I fish a half mile of stream and am feeling pretty good about the 20 fish I caught, I need to remember that there are 480 fish that I didn't catch! Who knows how many of them intercepted my nymph and spit it without me ever knowing about it like in the video.