+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guides/Fly Shops in Kitty Hawk

Hybrid View

Default Guides/Fly Shops in Kitty Hawk

I'll be spending the first week of April in Kitty Hawk and hope to find a fly shop or a guide in the area. I would like to fish the surf but don't know the area. Looked online for a shop/guide but don't see much close.

Can anyone help with local area info?

Thanks.

Regards

Bill
    I flyfish the salt because the voices in my head tell me to...

The fishing fleet is mostly in Oregon Inlet. One of the captains or office personnel there can provide more specific help. If not, try looking around Duck and Nagshead and down near Rodanthe and Avon. The Park service may be able to provide some helpful info. Sometimes the fly folks are hiding in bait and tackle shops. I think there is a fly guy, Captain Brady Bounds down there in that area but I don't know if he is still there. Hope this helps. Gerri

http://outerbanksflyfishing.com/ Give these guys a call. Used to be the best fly guides in the area. George

Plan on bringing ALL your flyfishing needs with you. There are NO FLYSHOPS on the OBX. The tackle shops may carry a few flies or an older leader but not much else. Nags Head used to have a flyshop but it went out of business. The Sound I've found usually has the best fishing in it. Google the area, there are several wading sites around the Oregon Inlet area.

All y'all,

Thanks for the information. I'll call around and see anyone can give me some direction.

Thanks again.

Regards to all,

Bill
    I flyfish the salt because the voices in my head tell me to...

Bill,
    +1 to Kytroutbum about bringing all flies and equipment with you. Tie up clouser minnows with orange & black, red/black and the standard olive/white char/white.
    At Oregon Inlet there is an area call prop slough which is wade able. Bring waders at this time as water will be cold the deeper water is about 100 yards out from were you would walk in. Not sure what will be there in april, maybe some bluefish, speckled trout.

+ Reply to Thread