Ray

If you were to fish the Florida salt water flats from a flats boat, with great captains you might just learn to fish any direction at any time. I have had to cast behind myself at speed to catch that fish that the guide saw that was behind me. I have actually caught fish while letting my back cast settle into the water.

I would never tell some of the men I have fished with that they were not great casters. I have had the pleasure of meeting and being coached by some that can cast a fly rod any way they want and with either hand. They make a fly rod a dance partner and they put the fly where they want it.

Instead of poor casting techiniques I think they are showing off sometimes. Heck I know the dude shows off. I have forgot I was fishing to watch Flats Dude and others cast. When they are making their magic with a fly rod it is to me like watching a beautiful sun rise or sunset. Perfection,
now I am by no means an expert fly fisher but I can hit my target and I can hit the backing, but I work at it. I pray that one day I can cast as well as my friends and mentors. I know I will have more fun, and who knows someday someone might just watch me and learn to love the sport as much as I do. That is want this is all about loving what we do and learning from others.

Ray come on down and we will have a blast fishing, eating and sharing. I'll bet I will learn from you also.

Nick it is great to feel better, we are shooting for remission by the end of summer. Cross you fly rods for that.

Harold