Quote Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
Ray,

It's a boost to my sagging morale right now, as I still am having a difficult time fathoming why someone would do this. I was raised with certain ethics and an approach to my fellow man... or woman, and I've always tried to live by those standards-- being generous when I could, always giving more than asked for or expected, and just being there whenever a friend needed me.
Be well, my friends... Jerry, aka hairwing530, aka "Captain Hooks"
It was s different world when you and I were growing up (same age based on my calculation). Simpler, more neighborly, less violence on the tube (remember Red Skelton, Lucy & Desi, My Three Sons, Captain Kangaroo, etc) and we were held more accountable for our actions, remember the switch to the bare back side? I do! Our heroes were do-gooders; The Lone Ranger, Superman, Dave Crockett and the guys coming back form the war. Not a bunch of vampires, zombies or raunchy front men and women. We didn't lock our doors and our play was outside playing baseball, football and tag, or just running with our friends 'til we were exhausted, not sitting in front of a TV with video games. Corporal punishment was the rule when we did something wrong, not the exception.

Yes, it was a different time, with different values, and I miss them.