It's been almost a decade since I've fished for them (born in N.E. Ohio). The two rivers I fished were the Grand and the Chagrin in Painesville and Willoughby respectively.

As far as flies went, I narrowed my patterns down to #14 sucker spawns in chartreuse and some sort of earthy tone. #16 BH hair's ear nymphs in black and in natural. This was when the water levels were low to mid flow. Attach the nymphs to the sucker spawn with a foot and a half tippet. Use small indicators. 99% of the fish came on the nymph. 95% on black under chartreuse. In higher water, a wooly bugger in black or olive worked. If you can find the egg pattern where three eggs are attached to the hook by mono, buy it. They hammer that one.

In late fall and winter, drifting pools. In the early spring, sight casting to fish in shallow riffles.

Painesville Township Park has a lot of access to the Grand.

Unfortunately, as far as lodging and bars go, alot has changed up there in the past 10 years. So, I can't help you there. If you're in Painesville, Nemeth's lounge is a hole in wall bar with great service.

If you do go, please post pictures. I kinda miss those fish!