If I wanted to target big bass, my go to rod would be the TUSA Amago. The Nissin is a really sweet ro to cast and hold but I would hate to break it trying to get a big bass in. One bass that broke off had the rod completely doubled over and I was just hoping the 5X tippet would break before the rod. If I could find a rod as light as the nissin and the backbone of the Amago with a length some where between the 2 and nice handle shape that would be my go to rod. Since I have yet to find this I will keep looking and trying new rods since I like being a tackle tart to a degree.

As far as the fly box, you are talking about my Nuclear Glow Ants. The body is a soft glow egg made from a rubber material. The hackle is a plain grizzly hackle. At time I will hit the with a light before fishing but mostly just let the sun hit them and sink slowly after being cast. They just slid over the hook an tied in place. I usually put a base of thread down first. I am going to try to super glue them in place on this pattern. I have a new kebari I am going to try with one right behind the eye for a hot spot. I have super glued that in place with no ill effects yet. Just need to fish it and see if it holds up first.

Mike P.