Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Were Used!

Default We Were Used!

Okay, this post may result in me getting a warning or maybe worse from the administrators. However, I feel this should be said. I went back into a thread, it had to do with a petition, and went to what I think was the source for the effort. It appears that some woman, whose name I won't post since I don't want to give her any publicity, is involved with an organization that works to effect changes or promote the end goals of individual and group efforts. The organization is nothing more than a camoflaged political action committee. Its self-description: "... is a social action platform that empowers anyone, anywhere to start, join, and win campaigns to change the world". Short and sweet, this petition was politically motivated. So, what was the 'true' end result sought by this effort? You can bet it wasn't what the petitioner tried to make it appear.
    And the original poster had the nerve to say that someone else injected politics into that thread?
    The thread itself was political. It was entirely for something other than what was petitioned. I think it was to push an effort that would destroy a small piece of culture, garner a wider cultural change and/or to enhance the strength of that PAC.

If the admin or any mod thinks I'm out of line, I will accept whatever action is deemed appropriate. But this had to be said.

Allan

If she submitted to Catskill style patterns would it be OK? Get a life!

Well said DUB. Especially the last 3 words. Short and sweet.

yawn.......
    Quote Originally Posted by montana mike View Post
    Well said DUB. Especially the last 3 words. Short and sweet.
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

I appreciate Alan's post here. There are other fly fishing-related boards where I debate political issues. FAOL's no politics rule makes this place special.

Thanks, Alan!

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by oldfrat View Post
    I appreciate Alan's post here. There are other fly fishing-related boards where I debate political issues. FAOL's no politics rule makes this place special.

Thanks, Alan!

Brad
    I dont, but then I do not belong to the Peoples Republic of Boulder.

Come on guys, let's keep it civil. This is a fly fishing bulletin board. Snide comments about other individuals that post things here are uncalled for.

The Chronicler
    Administrator

Dub & MM,

It's not that I am opposed to a political discussion, it's just that a thread was started which asked people to sign a petition. It appeared non-political but, on some simple investigation, I found that there were hidden and significant political alterior motives behind the petition. Now maybe you weren't aware of the initial thread and the petition or maybe you were. I just didn't think it was very ethical for a PAC to use an extremely popular entity, possibly without that persons approval, to secure some social change which the person who was to theoretically benefit might actually be against and who had asked that the process cease. At any rate, you've every right to your opinion.

Allan

Arrow Confused

Allan -

I'm not clear on who you think used "us".

The person who is responsible for the petition process with all those sinister motives you ascribe to her ( whom you won't name ) is not a member of the FAOL bulletin board, best I know.

The original poster, Deb, is one of the most respected members of this Board. Now Deb may have miscalculated in starting the thread you are referring to, but I am confident that Deb had nothing but the best and most honorable intentions in starting it, seeking only a certain level and kind of recognition for a highly regarded fly angler.

Maybe you can clarify for us who ( by name ) is using whom ( individually and collectively ), and how that who is using the "we" referred to in the title you gave this thread ??

John
    The fish are always right.

Yes, you are correct. I dont think much of catskill patterns.

Closed Thread