Paul -

I'm not sure what you mean by "non-snarling" furled lines. I'm thinking it is all that twisting that you get when you put the line under considerable stress and then release the stress immediately ??

If that is what you mean, then I would find it strange that mono would present that problem due to the relative stiffness and low stretch characteristic of the material. But I don't have much experience with furled mono lines ( only the TenkaraUSA furled line ) so maybe I am missing the boat on this issue. I don't recall having a snarling problem with the Tenkara line, but that may just be because I haven't had the "right" situation, yet.

The thread furled lines that I have used all get all twisty when stressed and released. Not sure why a UNI leader wouldn't.

As far as Kevlar goes, it doesn't stretch, period. So I wouldn't think that it would get all twisty under any set of circumstances ?? I've only done a few Kevlar leaders and don't particularly like them. And the only leader I have ever broken while furling it was Kevlar. Put too much tension on it, and it literally broke. Couldn't hardly believe it, as strong as Kevlar is. But from one article I read, it seems that Kevlar is not so great when being twisted, which is probably why the leader I was furling broke.

John