+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VA Fly Fishing Festival...update

Hybrid View

Default VA Fly Fishing Festival...update

Saturday was dry (until about 4:30/5:00) Can't gauge in regards to the turnout, was my/our first time. Wore my FAOL hat and either there weren't any other members present or they didn't want to associate I don't know. Matt and I volunteered for the festival. Our job was handing out programs at the entrance. I spoke with just about 90+% of the attendees. Had a good time. Made contacts with several people for future get togethers. Saw/spoke with some familiar folks...even got interviewed by a local TV station. They seemed to be amazed that I would drive from Maryland to the festival and that I would volunteer my time. It all works out for good. Sunday...rain, didn't stop down at the festival grounds. Anywho, good day, good weather, good people,....

Best to you all,
    Mike K.
    Eternal decisions can only be made on this side of eternity.

empeekay,

I was there. Came in about 9am and left at three. Looked for FAOL hats and a couple of people that I would know but to no avail. Sorry I missed you. Went back up this morning but didn't put that much time in. Drove around Waynesboro to all the old "hangouts"?/hideouts when I grew up there. 50 years has a tendency to make things look different from the way they use to look.
    I was hoping I would get a chance to see some of you guys there this year.

George

Blog Entries

sorry to miss you guys. had to wear my Casting for Recovery hat as i tied flies in front of the booth to attract folks to hear our message and plea for donations. Saturday was glorious and well-attended. Sunday was very wet and cold, and the folks who came along were certainly the hard core! of course, the wine tasting helped...
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

NewTyer 1 Guest

Casey, was that you I was talking to? I stopped by hoping to see you. I got there around 12:30 and stayed until 4pm. It was very nice on Saturday until the wind picked up and the rain came down. When the rain started, I jumped into the shower display they had just outside the main vender tent and another lady jumped in with me so, we decided it was a good time for a cigaretted and introductions. Just as we finished up, we got pounded by a couple tents or canapys and decided to go hang in the vender tent. I stood by the woman next to you selling the salsa. All in All it was a good day. I wanted to give you guys a donation but all I had was a card and I don't know what the PIN number is to use the ATM, I felt bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyP View Post
    sorry to miss you guys. had to wear my Casting for Recovery hat as i tied flies in front of the booth to attract folks to hear our message and plea for donations. Saturday was glorious and well-attended. Sunday was very wet and cold, and the folks who came along were certainly the hard core! of course, the wine tasting helped...

Blog Entries

Casey, was that you I was talking to?--NewTyer
    yup probably me! gray hair, glasses. funny pink 'n' purple bugger fly on my brown hat. my chair was up against one of the tent poles and when the wind came it felt like something was pushing me around! Best Fishing Buddy and i skedaddled at around 4:30 when there was a tiny break in the rain. the "salsa lady" and we got to know each other quite well by the end of two days. now we have a reason to go fish in Georgia where she and her husband have a world-class lodge.
    Last edited by CaseyP; 04-23-2012 at 08:49 PM.
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

Was the next table after the girls - we were handing out the program guides and tearing off ticket stubs.
    Eternal decisions can only be made on this side of eternity.

NewTyer 1 Guest

I thought that was you but, one year is a long time not to see someone and remember. Well, it was nice talking to you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyP View Post
    yup probably me! gray hair, glasses. funny pink 'n' purple bugger fly on my brown hat. my chair was up against one of the tent poles and when the wind came it felt like something was pushing me around! Best Fishing Buddy and i skedaddled at around 4:30 when there was a tiny break in the rain. the "salsa lady" and we got to know each other quite well by the end of two days. now we have a reason to go fish in Georgia where she and her husband have a world-class lodge.

NewTyer 1 Guest

empeekay, I was there but, when I passed through the gate there were only two women there.

+ Reply to Thread