Thread: Space Shuttle Discovery

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by ScottP View Post
    I was very sad when the Concorde's were shut down; you felt them before you heard them on takeoff. Speaking of planes falling out of the sky, I remember fishing in Delaware Bay and watching C5A Galaxy's flying into Dover; couldn't understand how something that big flying that slow could remain aloft. You're pretty close on that 30 traffic light guess; off the top of my head, I can name 26 of them (I'm a little shaky closer in towards Tysons and I'd guess there's more). Regards,
    Scott
    The Concorde's used to circle the next valley over every once & a while where the Air National Guard flew big cargo planes in practice. An old next door neighbor was one of the pilots. Don't think they were the C5A's, but big prop planes anyway. Before the new Dulles Toll Road thru the farmlands; there was the stoplight on Route 7 at Route 128 (?) & not much else until going further towards Tysons. Never did see any shuttle launch, except on TV. Guess I out grew the fascination of flying things, probably far too many flying cow pies.
    Last edited by saltydancindave; 04-18-2012 at 12:55 PM.