Quote Originally Posted by Byron haugh View Post
Not exactly! I think Blue Ribbon Flies is the best. I really like Bob Jacklin, personally, but his tying supplies are fairly meager. Madison River Outfitters and Bud Lilly's have sort of become more clothing stores than fly shops. Have you ever tried the new little shop - Jimmy's a block off the main street. Interesting shop.
I am a campground host for the USFS in Wyoming just outside of Cooke City and the NE Entrance of YNP. I spend a day off in West Yellowstone in early June and then again in September before leaving. If Jimmy's is the small shop across from the grocery store, I walked into there to buy Frog Hair tippett which was on sale and walked out with a fantastic deal on a 3wt rod. I have been told by the owner of one of the best equiped shops in the Southeast that fly tying materials turn only pennies profit and are the least profitable per space of anything in a flyshop, hence the clothes etc.

My problem is that I like to "eyeball" what I buy. I buy very little online. I usually head to West Yellowstone with my hackle guage and stock up. I get a lot of tying done during runoff and while waiting for "ice off" on the Beartooth's High Mountain lakes.