+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Al Campbell back in the hospital

Al,
    Thank you and bless you

Dana

My heart aches for you, your family and your friends Al. Thankyou for being such a wonderful person.

Friday I was on the creek and things were a might slow. I was in that 'what have i got that will work" stage and upon perusing my hat's wool band saw one of Al's SWAPFS that he tied and gave to me at the Idaho fish -in. I thoroughly enjoyed watching and listening to Al at the vise. Al, know you will continue to go fishing with me. Your
    SWAPF will retain it's place on my hatband and serve as a reminder of the time I enjoyed with you, and the contibution you have made to our lives. Thank you.

Cary Morlan
    Cary Morlan
    AKA Linemender
    Cheapest Guide in the Columbia Basin
    (For good reason)

What might I leave you
    as a last gift when my time comes?
    Flowers in spring,
    a robin singing in a summer rain,
    autumn's golden glow.
    _______________________RYOKAN

Unlike many of us I suspect...this is
    a question Al doesn't have to ask.
    nam

I have had a good many blessings in this life and a few of them were connected to Al. I have shaken his hand, sat at his vise and fished by his side. I have a picture he took of me fishing and a couple of his flies. But the biggest blessing I got from Al was the generosity of his friendship; the answered e-mails, the jokes on the side and the unreserved manner in which he poured out his knowledge to all who asked. Al, we understand you're leaving to go on a little scouting trip. Pick a nice spot on a gentle stream with a pleasant view. Some of us will be up in a while and there will be laughter, there will be overflowing joy, and there will be no more tears. Rest in God's infinite love and may His peace rest on those you leave behind.
    we can't say "Thank You" enough - Jim

Al,

Words cannot express the giving you have shared with all of us. I for one am so grateful for having had the opportunity to learn from you and to share in your correspondence whenever I had a question. The Lord be with you and your family.

Peace be with you.

Marty
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Like many others here, i have never met Al personally but fell a certain caonnection to him through his writings and instructions. My heart is truly sadden on this latest news. We here on earth may be missing a good friend but hr angels on high will be gaining a great collegue. God speed Al Campbell may your words live on in all of us.

I can never thank Al enough for the knowledge and insight he has shared with us all and for helping me become a better fisherman and tyer. I hope to one day pass on the information I received from him to my children. Peace.

------------------
    Chris

nighthawk Guest

I never got to meet Al, but still I feel as though I have lost a brother in spirit. I pray for Al and his family. When the time comes we will meet Al on that beautiful shore. A special prayer goes to you, Jim and Deanna, for it is so hard to lose such a great friend.

God Bless Al Campbell and his family.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

I love ya buddy. I haven't given up on you yet but if it has to be....save me a spot next to you up there on God's favorite pool. Peace and love to you and your family.,....Bob

+ Reply to Thread