Thread: Loop Wing BWO

Threaded View

Lightbulb Your loop wing BWO ...

... is very similar in construction to my loop wing drake emerger. On the drake, I have been using CDL for tailing, in a sparser amount than on your fly, my hackling is a bit more pronounced, or fuller, than on your BWO, and the CDC wing is less pronounced. ( Scott - don't bother looking for the mahagony dun and March brown versions. I'm pretty sure they disappeared when I had to resolve the problem I had with photobucket.com last spring. )

Regarding your question about what works - one that I have done quite well with is my CDL Parachute BWO. Follow the link.

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flyt...041309fotw.php

For emergers, I really like the Quigley Cripple, and Scott Sanchez has a PFD ( personal floatation devise ) Emerger that does well but is a bit difficult for me to tie in BWO sizes. It is similar to a Quigley Cripple, and the PFD part of it a foam wing ( rather than deer hair ) around which the hackle is wound. That pattern actually did very well for me several years ago tied for a drake emergence on a neat backcountry stream down in SE Idaho, and for a huge midge that comes off just below the falls on Fall River just outside the SW corner of Yellowstone National Park.

John
    Last edited by JohnScott; 01-24-2012 at 01:50 AM.
    The fish are always right.