+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What stream would you pick?

If it's a trophy stream where I had to pay, I wouldn't. I would take the second for sure. Remember it's fishin and enjoying the outdoors.

I would call my self spoiled, 15 minutes from the White River and 20 minutes from the Norfork river here in Mountain Home Arkansas.
    I dislike driving to the state park because it's about 40 minutes to drive, put on the waders and walk down the stairs to fish.
    A little over a week ago I fished the Norfork for 1 hour using a size 16 soft hackle. Caught nine Rainbow and came home because it got a little windy.

I'm so stupid. I left off the best choice at least it's my best choice. I can get up early, drive a couple of hours, (fighting traffic the whole way) and go fish with Jack and Warren. Which is a trip wa y over due in my book
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

#2 without a doubt!

TT.

"Assume for a moment that you don't get to go fishing nearly often enough. A day off is unheard of and when you do get those days off, the honey-do list is way to long to consider going fishing. "

Without totally abandoning our responsibilities I think a lot of us have to re-evaluate our priorities (it takes some health issues to bring this home). My newfie neighbour puts it very succinctly- Your a long time dead boy- or - Your a long time staring at the lid- Not wanting to put a downer on the thread but grab your rod and your kids and go to number 2 to make some memories.

You can always put headlights on the lawnmower and cut the grass at night.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hungNtree View Post
    I'm so stupid. I left off the best choice at least it's my best choice. I can get up early, drive a couple of hours, (fighting traffic the whole way) and go fish with Jack and Warren. Which is a trip wa y over due in my book
    HNT, be aware that fishing the Duck and Elk isn't much of an option until the quit spilling so much water.

Ed

Number two, hands down.

#2....absolutely!

For years I've had a real-life combination of the worst traits of 1 & 2; a small stream with mostly small fish (although there are a few decent trout in there) that's very crowded on weekends and holidays. I was lucky in being able to modify my work schedule to fish it mid-week and avoid the zoo. Best thing about it is that, except for the depths of winter, I can usually find a fish or two looking up; don't think I've fished anything except dries and maybe the odd soft-hackle in 15 years.

Regards,
    Scott

I hate to say it, but too many home projects with too little leisure time, along with the # 1 stream dilemma, are some of the major reasons that a lot of folks give up on fly fishing. Just something to think about. (I think about it....)

Anyway, I'd also pick # 2.

On a side note, maybe explore # 1 to see if there is any water that is reasonably accessible that might be overlooked by the big crowds for one reason or another. Maybe outside the "trophy" area. Sometimes the fish are smaller, but still possibly better fishing than average, with the occasional big fish perhaps?
    Last edited by LeoCreek; 01-17-2012 at 11:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread