My original Simms Guide waders lasted eight years until the seam with the neoprene booties started to leak. I paid to have the boots replaced, but the repair did not worked. Simms ended up selling me a new pair of waders at a forty percent discount, which I thought was reasonable. I have used the new waders for two years with no problem. Patagonia probably would have replaced the waders for no charge.

The biggest potential functional difference between Simms waders and Patagonia waders is that Simms high end waders are made with Gore Tex while Patagonia uses their own waterproof breathable material for their waders. My personal experience has been that Gore Tex garments breathe significantly better than other water proof/breathable materials. I have two Patagonia breathable rain jackets (a wading jacket and a lightweight parka) and neither breathes as well as a heavier weight Cabelas Gore Tex parka that I own.

I you wear your waders in warmer weather, waders that breathe better will be more comfortable.